Sports Umpire - Expressions of Interest
About the Role:
The role reports to the Team Leader Fitness and will be responsible for ensuring accurate, high quality umpiring and provision of competitive games in a safe and professional manner.
For more information about working at the Leisureplexes, please click here.
- We would love to hear from people skilled in officiating Netball and Soccer games (Basketball will be considered too)
- Shifts may include weekdays and weekends from early mornings to evenings at the Riverton and/or Cannington Leisureplexes
- Free gym membership to both Leisure Centres!
- $22.79 - $32.79 per hour (depending on age) + 25% casual loading + super
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the game's rules and experience in playing the sport
- Experience in sports umpiring, officiating games, events and/or competitions
- Ability to handle difficult and high-energy situations
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build rapport with players
- Strong customer service focus and able to officiate safely and professionally
- Availability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the service
- Sports Umpire qualification and Provide First Aid certificate desirable, but, not essential
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children Check (if instructing children)
- Satisfactory national police clearance (under six months validity)
Impact the Community in a Big Way
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community.
Canning welcomes you to apply!
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 36-2223 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed and ongoing basis. Previous candidates need not apply.