Gym Instructor - Expressions of Interest
About the Role:
The role reports to the Team Leader Fitness and will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the gym and fitness centres at the Leisureplexes. Key duties include exercise instruction and ensuring correct use of free weights and machine equipment, conducting fitness appraisals and ensuring customer service excellence. You will also work directly with the Supervisor to maintain current programs and have the opportunity to bring innovative ideas to develop new programs and initiatives to meet industry trends and needs.
For more information about working at the Leisureplexes, please click here.
- Shifts may include weekdays and weekends from early mornings to evenings at the Riverton and/or Cannington Leisureplexes
- Free gym membership to both Leisure Centres!
- $22.79 - $25.94 per hour (depending on age) + 25% casual loading + super
Skills and Experience
- Certificate III Fitness (minimum)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated experience in fitness instruction, gym reception, membership consultancy and using recreation booking software
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service focus and able to facilitate safe and professional fitness instruction
- Availability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the service
- Satisfactory national police clearance (under six months validity)
Impact the Community in a Big Way
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community.
Canning welcomes you to apply!
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 35-2223 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed and ongoing basis. Previous candidates need not apply.