Reporting to the Team Leader Swimming, this role delivers quality swimming instructions to students in various swim school programs and provides exceptional customer service to both students and parents.
In this role, you will undertake duties such as:
- teach swimming lessons in accordance with City of Canning Swim School curriculum, AUSTSWIM, Swim Australia and Royal Life Saving Society's guidelines.
- develop lesson plans, update skills lists and maintain accurate attendance records.
- depending on qualifications and experience, deliver a range of swimming lessons, including baby and toddler, pre-school, school-age, lifesaving, CALD, adults and squads.
The roles we have available are casual, and if successful, you may be assigned to a particular class for a 10 week program in line with school terms. We also have shifts on weekday mornings (9:00am to 11:55am), weekday afternoons (3:30pm to 6:25pm), weekend mornings (8:25am to 11:55am) and weekend afternoons (12:25pm to 3:20pm). The start and finish times may vary depending on the number of enrolments received for the coming term, and there may be additional shifts available outside of these times.
Skills & Experience
- current Swim Teacher License (AUSTSWIM, Royal Life Saving Society or Swim Australia)
- current Working With Children Check
- current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate
- current satisfactory National Police Clearance (within six months validity)
- other AUSTSWIM qualifications desirable e.g. Infant and Preschool Aquatics, Access and Inclusion, Teacher of Adults.
- Strong teamwork skills and a commitment to providing a positive experience for all customers
- an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of your students and their learning to swim journey
- free gym membership to the Riverton and Cannington Leisure Centres!
- $27.29 per hour (depending on age) + 25% casual loading + super
Impact the Community in a Big Way
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
The City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community. We comply with the WA State Government's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Canning welcomes you to apply:
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 158-2122 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed and ongoing basis. We reserve the right to contact applicants and close the advertising early.