If you're energetic, love working with people and value water safety, we'd love to hear from you!
Reporting to the Supervisor Lifeguarding & Aquatics, this role ensures the safety and supervision of all patrons using the aquatic facilities at the City's Leisureplexes.
In this role, you will undertake duties such as:
- Supervise pools and all water bodies including spas, waterslides and hydro-pools
- Ensure a pleasant and welcoming experience to all patrons of the Leisureplexes
- Apply first aid and emergency assistance to patrons, where necessary
- General cleaning and maintenance of aquatic facilities, including pools, spas, saunas and changes rooms
The facility operates seven days a week including early mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays and candidates are required to be available all hours. Please see the Riverton opening hours and Cannington opening hours.
Skills & Experience
- Current RLSS Pool Lifeguard certificate
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current satisfactory National Police Clearance (within six months validity)
- Ability to respond to emergencies and administer first aid in a calm and controlled manner
- Strong teamwork skills and a commitment to providing a positive experience for all customers
- Availability to work early morning, evenings, weekends, public and school holidays
- Free gym membership to the Riverton and Cannington Leisure Centres!
- $21.74 - $27.29 per hour (depending on age) + 25% casual loading + super
Impact the Community in a Big Way
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
The City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community. We comply with the WA State Government's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Canning welcomes you to apply:
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 8-2122 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed and ongoing basis, We reserve the right to contact applicants and close the advertising period early.