Your passion and support can really make a difference to people's lives at Canning Lodge, a 42-bed aged care facility.
The Care Partner reports to the Registered Nurse Clinical Lead and is responsible for assisting residents with all aspects of care in a positive, supportive and caring environment that respects the rights, privacy and choice of the residents at Canning Lodge. Compassionate and dedicated casual care
In this role, you will undertake duties such as:
- Provide support in medication management, according to care plans
- Plan and prepare meals and helping with personal hygiene tasks, ensuring a high level of health
- Contribute to physical and emotional wellbeing of residents through daily activities and social programs
- Assist residents to maintain self-reliance and independence
Skills & Experience:
- Experience caring for the aged and people with disabilities
- Excellent domestic skills in the areas of cooking, cleaning and laundry
- Sound understanding of residential care principals
- Covid-19 & Flu Vaccination in accordance with government requirements
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Cert III in Aged Care is highly desirable
- Satisfactory National Police Clearance (under six months)
- Flexibility - it's essential to be available across days, afternoons and nights with some weekends, as needed
- Casual opportunities with plenty of shifts
- Free gym membership to both Leisure Centres!
- $24.64 - $29.31 per hour + 25% Casual Loading + super
Impact the Community in a Big Way!
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community. We comply with the WA State Government's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Canning welcomes you to apply:
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 5-2122 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed and ongoing basis, we reserve the right to contact applicants and close the advertising early.