Crèche Assistant - Expressions of Interest
Reporting to the Supervisor Children's Services, this role ensures the effective operation of the crèche facilities at the City's Leisureplexes, by providing high quality supervision of children in a safe, clean and enjoyable environment.
In this role, you will undertake duties such as:
- Provide quality supervision of children aged 12 weeks through to six years of age
- Ensure all children are registered by a parent/guardian on arrival
- Assist children with eating and drinking techniques
- Attend to children's toiletry needs including changing of nappies, as required.
- Ensure the crèche office, toilets and facilities are clean and orderly, and all toys and play equipment are sanitised regularly
- Assist in planning and preparation of activities suitable to the ages of children
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working in a children's crèche or childcare centre
- Current Working with Children Check (your application must include your WWC number)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current (under six months) Satisfactory National Police Clearance Certificate
- Current "C" class driver's licence
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (or higher) is desirable
- Covid-19 Vaccination, in accordance with Government requirements
- Between 1 - 3 casual shifts per week (Riverton School Term Mon-Fri 8:45am - 12pm, School Holidays Mon-Fri 9am - 12pm. Cannington School Term & Holidays Tue-Fri 9:15am - 11:15am)
- Full gym membership to both Leisure centres!
- $21.74 - $25.33 per hour + 25% casual loading (depending on age) + super
Impact the Community in a Big Way!
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! With a population of over 90,000 over 64 square km of land, we provide services to support and develop our community every day. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds and all abilities will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.
City of Canning is proud of our Culture of Care which means caring for ourselves, our workmates and our community. We comply with the WA State Government's Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Canning welcomes you to apply:
Click APPLY or contact Reuben Thom on 0409 328 761 for a confidential discussion. Reference 63-2122 and visit our website www.careers.canning.wa.gov.au for more information about the role.
Applications will be reviewed on an as-needed and ongoing basis, we reserve the right to contact applicants and close the advertising early.