Community Safety Officer - Expression of Interest
WINNERS OF THE WA RANGERS ASSOCIATION'S 2021 RANGER TEAM OF THE YEAR AWARD!
Looking for a career that makes a difference and gets you out in the field? Help us make Canning a safe, welcoming and thriving city.
We are building a casual pool of dedicated Community Safety Officers to join us for multiple casual opportunities.
Impact the Community in a Big Way!
The Community Safety Officer is a challenging role that is truly diverse in scope and responsibility. Working 12 hour shifts on an even-time 7 days on/7 days off roster, you will ensure the safety of the City's residents through effective security patrols and consultation with the community.
Reporting to the Senior Community Safety Officer, you will undertake diverse duties such as:
- Conduct highly visible patrols and security checks of residential, commercial and industrial properties to discourage anti-social and criminal behaviour.
- Work with City Rangers to promote awareness of legislation and local laws relating to animal and fire control, parking, disposal of litter, abandoned and off-road vehicles, and public safety.
- Respond to customer requests, investigate complaints and provide excellent customer service, as part of the City's 24/7 Community Safety Service.
- Work together with WA Police by observing and reporting suspicious behaviour.
If successful, you will enjoy:
- A genuine culture that values Authenticity, Collaboration, Creativity and Resilience
- The opportunity for fulltime work, as opportunities arise
- A diverse job role with a lifestyle friendly roster
- Full gym and aquatic membership across our Cannington and Riverton Leisureplexes.
- $36.54 - $40.02 per hour + 25% casual loading (depending on age).
- 11% superannuation
It is essential to have a Certificate II in Security Operations, Regulatory Officer Compliance Skills (ROCS) Part 1 & 2 (formerly known as Ranger Municipal Law A and B) and hold or be able to obtain a Security Officer licence. In addition, you will maintain a current Class C Driver's licence at all times, as well as be able to provide a Working with Children Check and a current satisfactory National Police Certificate (within 6 months).
As the public-face of the City, you have great communication and interpersonal skills, and are comfortable using conflict resolution skills in various situations. You are also proactive and keen to consult with community members to solve problems and encourage good civic behaviour. Importantly, you are able to work alone and as part of a strong Community Safety team, and have the availability and flexibility to work on a roster consisting of 12-hour shifts over a 7 day period.
Canning welcomes you to express your interest:
Please visit our Career website where you can access the position description and express your interest in the position. To submit an application, you will need to provide a maximum of two attachments being your resume and cover letter that addresses the selection criteria listed in the position description.
For a confidential enquiry please contact Reuben Thom on 08 9231 0727 Reference 6-2122
Casual vacancies are recruited on an as-needed basis. This application period is currently open-ended and we may proceed to interview and close the advertising period prior to the listed close date.
At the City of Canning, one person can, and does, make a difference every day!
The City of Canning is a "Welcoming and Thriving" place to live and work. We believe that engaging people with diverse backgrounds will assist in delivering superior services to our community and are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all.