Health & Safety Advisor
The City of Canning aims to be a welcoming and thriving city, giving our people an opportunity to thrive through work that truly makes a difference! We now have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team on a Permanent, Part-Time (45.6 hours per fortnight/0.6 fte) basis.
Impact the Community in a Big Way!
The role reports to the Manager Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) and will be responsible for partnering with and providing support around all health and safety matters to a variety of work areas across the City, including inductions, contractor management, investigations, training, tender reviews, toolbox talks and risk management. The successful applicant will be joining a dynamic WHS team and will have the opportunity to contribute to our Culture of Care program, a program designed to drive improvements in WHS and employee wellbeing and broaden the concept of care across the City.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Extensive experience in WHS in large, complex organisations with diverse risk profiles
- Working knowledge of WHS legislation and high-risk work
- Relevant qualifications in WHS
- Experience in change management and with developing and implementing WHS management systems, including software solutions
- To be a natural, engaging communicator who can build and foster relationships with a diverse blue and white-collar workforce
- To be a team player who can also work autonomously
- A current satisfactory National Police Clearance
The successful applicant will enjoy:
- Wellbeing Program
- Free Gym Membership
- $88,808.99 - $94,623.26 per annum (pro-rata) + 10.5% super
Canning welcomes you to apply:
Please visit our website http://careers.canning.wa.gov.au where you can access the position description and apply for the position. To submit an application, you will need to provide two attachments being your resume and cover letter that addresses the selection criteria listed in the position description.
For a confidential enquiry please contact Toni van den Hurk on 08 9231 0756. Reference 92-2021
Applications close 5.00pm Friday, 29 January 2021
At the City of Canning, one person can, and does, make a difference every day!