There is so much more to us …
Office of the CEO
Leads and positively positions the City in the wider community. Includes the areas of:
- Public Relations & Marketing – builds mutually beneficial relations between the organisation and the public community.
- Legal Counsel – ensures the City is in the best legal position and provides legal advice and consultation
- Innovation – provides the City with innovative ideas for future direction.
Canning Community & Commercial
Develops and activates a strong, healthy, vibrant and harmonious community and ensures the efficient and effective performance of the City and its’ assets. Includes the areas of:
- Business Canning – strategically builds and sustains the City’s financial position through asset optimisation strategies and application of strong fiscal responsibility.
- Connect Canning – positions the City as a leader in integrating end to end business through managing systems and ensuring the integrity of corporate knowledge and accountability, as well as ensures effective connecting within the City and within the community.
- Enriching Canning – delivers and manages supportive services to the City’s diverse communities and activates a vibrant and harmonious community through events programs and services, including supported accommodation, community development, retirement and residential living, and community learning.
- Governance Canning – ensures the City is governed in accordance with legislation, policy and best practice standards.
- Land Utilisation – optimises the performance of the City’s land and built assets, including through tenancy management and real estate strategy and portfolio management.
- People & Performance – effectively and efficiently supports the organisation to achieve its’ optimum performance through our people.
Builds, constructs and maintains the City of Canning’s natural and built environment. Includes the areas of:
- Build Canning – manages stakeholders’ demands of current projects that will impacts the City’s current style and future, including design, contract management and transport engineering, infrastructure design and project and construction management, and transport management.
- Clean Canning – ensures safe, clean and appealing infrastructure and open spaces, maximising their use and life, including waste management, fleet management and depot administration, and asset maintenance and cleaning.
- Parks & Place Improvement Canning – manages projects involving effective community consultation with stakeholders to deliver place improvement projects, including natural area management and parks and places.
- Workplace Health & Safety – protects the health and safety of all stakeholders on City sites from exposure to hazards and risks.
Canning Sustainable Development
Plans, major projects delivery, and place design for innovative, contemporary and sustainable City of Canning. Includes the areas of:
- Healthy Canning – supports and promotes the health and wellbeing of City residents and locations, through building services and public health and amenity.
- Liveable Canning – develops and maintains systems and guidelines that streamline the statutory processes for development and building approval, including statutory planning and regulatory services.
- Safe Canning – supports the wellbeing of the City, through rangers, community safety, community education, emergency services and animal control.